This tutorial will show you how to setup Scribe Online with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Scribe Online provides solutions for replication, data migration, and data integration and can be instrumental for customization within Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
What is Scribe Online?
Scribe Online is a robust and inexpensive no-code solution that is easy to setup for replication and synchronization with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. With a robust marketplace of application connectors, almost anything is possible.
Setup Target Connection
First thing you need to do is install an Agent. Ideally, the agent should be installed on the CRM Server. The following instructions are to setup the Target Connection as the CRM.
- Remote desktop into the Server
- Open browser and login to Scribe Online – https://online.scribesoft.com/ScribeOnline.aspx#/Home
- On Agent page, click New to Install Agent
- Click Install On-Premise Agent
- Copy the Agent Key when you see the prompt
- Run the Agent Installer
- Paste the Agent Key
- Don’t worry about the Blue Warning, click Next
- Click Next with all the defaults, don’t worry about the warning
- Click Finish to complete the install
You should see your agent running like this.
In order to connect to CRM, you must install the Microsoft Dynamics Connector. You can find this on the Marketplace section.
Click New to create a Connection
- Select the Microsoft Dynamics CRM as the Type. This will show up after you install the Connector.
- Type in the Connection Name
- Select Partner-Hosted (IFD) as the Deployment for On Premise Installation. Your CRM Server must be externally facing. If your installation is CRM online, select the Online option.
- Enter the CRM URL, User ID and Password
- Click Browse to select the Organization
- Test the Connection
Setup Source Connection
For the Source Connection, you need to follow the same steps.
When installing the Agent, you need to install it on the server that is the source.
Install the appropriate Connector – i.e. Oracle, SAP, Salesforce
When creating the Connection, selecting the source Connector as the Type
On the Solutions page, click New and select Integration Services (IS)
- On the General tab, type in the name for your Solution
- On the Agent tab, select the Agent for CRM
- On the Maps tab, you can create a Basic or Advanced Map.
Create Basic Map
- Type in a name for your Map
- Select the Source Connection
- Under Entity, select the Table or View that is available.
Note: On the Source server, the user of the Source Agent must have access to these tables/views
- Select the Target Connection
- Select the Entity you want to populate
- Select the Operation
- If an Update is in the operation, the Match field is required
- Select a unique id of the Target Entity
Map the Fields
To map a field, select a source field and drag it to the target field.
Create Advanced Map
- Select your Source by clicking on the dropdown
- For the Target Connection, click the Add button and select your Target Connection
- Under the Source, drag the Query to the left hand of the page
Create a Query Block
Double click the Query block and enter the necessary information.
You can enter a SQL Query on the Filter tab
You can preview the data one by one on the Preview Tab
Create an Action Block
Under the Control section on the right side, drag the For Each Result under the Query block.
Under the Target section, you can drag an Action Block i.e. Create, Delete, Update etc. and drag it inside the For Each Result block
Map the Fields
Double click on the Update/Insert block
On General tab, select the Target entity
If there is an Update action, you need to create a New record on the Matching Criteria tab
Under the Fields tab, you can map the source fields to the target fields.
Run a Map
Once you have created a Map, you can run them on demand or schedule when to run the jobs.
To run a Map on demand, select the Map and click Run Map Now
To schedule a map should run on a regular basis, you can setup it up under the Schedule tab.
To view the jobs that have run, on the Solutions page, click View History in the top navigation